Murgh Chole is a very simple recipe with a great combination. Gravy is so aromatic and delicious in taste. It can be made for any special occasion or just a change our daily food routine. So I am sharing my version in this recipe.
- Chicken – 500 -700 gms
- Cholay (chickpeas) – 1 cup soaked
- Onion – 1 big size (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 1 big size (chopped)
- Yogurt – 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cholay masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Green chili – 2 to 3
- Kasoori methi – 1/2 tsp
- Black cardamom – 1
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Bay leaves – 2
- Dry red chili – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1.Soak the Cholay overnight, then boil it with little salt until almost cooked and set aside. Wash the chicken pieces nicely and put lemon juice in it.
2. Now heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai, temper with cumin seeds, bay leaves, dry red chili and black cardamom.
3. Next add the chopped onion, fry it till golden brown. Add the ginger and garlic paste and stir it for a minute.
4. Add the chicken pieces along with red chili and turmeric powder. Fry it for 4 to 5 minutes. Next add the chopped tomatoes with required salt, cover it and cook till the chicken is tender.
5. Next open the lid, add the beaten yogurt and green chili, mix it nicely. Now add the boil chickpeas with water and cholay masala powder. Simmer it for 10 minutes till the gravy is thick.
6. Lastly finished it with garam masala powder and kasoori methi. Delicious Murgh Cholay is ready to serve with Roti, Naan or Paratha.