Palak Paneer, a sought after dish by all the Indian people around the world. There are so many ways people make this yummy dish at home but I would like to share my version of Palak Paneer recipe.
- Spinach – 1 bunch
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup chopped
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 2 tbsp chopped
- Green chili – 2 to 3 nos
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Whole dry red chili – 3 to 4
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander seeds powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Fresh cream – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 cube
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Clean and wash the spinach leaves nicely, then boil water in a vessel, add the salt. Now put the spinach leaves into the boiling water for 5 minute. After that strain it and then wash the spinach leaves with cold water.
2. Next grind the blanched spinach along with coriander leaves and green chillies. When done set aside.
3. Heat a wok with oil, add the cumin seeds and dry red chili. Let it crackle, then add the chopped onion and sauté, till its turn soft.
4. Next add the ginger garlic paste and chopped tomato. Cook it till the raw flavors goes off. Next add the turmeric, coriander and garam masala powder. Mix it well.
5. Now put the spinach puree and season with salt. Mix it nicely and let it cook in low to medium flame. (Don’t cover the pan, otherwise you will loose this beautiful green color)
6. In the mean time take another pan and heat up. Put the butter cube, when the butter starts mealting, add the paneer pieces and slightly sauté it, add little salt also.
7. Next add this sauté panner into the spinach gravy and continue to cook until done. Lastly check the seasoning and finish it off with Fresh Cream. Turn off the flame.
8. Your delicious Restaurant style Palak Paneer is ready, so just take it out in a bowl and garnish it with fresh cream and enjoy with roti, paratha or naan.