Today recipe is Indo Chinese Style Chicken Fried Rice, which we get almost in every Indian Restaurant. And most importantly its my husbands favorite dish. So, today I am sharing this easy and delicious Chicken Fried rice recipe, which will rock your lunch or dinner plate.
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Boneless Chicken – 200 gms (cut into thin long strips)
- Eggs – 2 no
- Carrot – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- French Beans – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 1 tbsp chopped
- Spring onion -1/4 cup chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper ground – as needed (I use 2 tsp)
- Red chili flakes – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes, then cook it with enough water till done. Now drain the water and keep the rice aside, allow it to cool.
2. Take the washed chicken pieces in a bowl, marinate with ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp soya sauce, black pepper powder and salt. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
3. Take a wok or large pan, heat up the oil, now break two eggs and scrambled it. Season with salt, when done take out to the plate.
4. Again put the required oil, first add the chopped garlic and chili flakes, sauté it. Then add the the marinated chicken, fry it for 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Next add the chopped veggies and continue to cook in a medium to high heat. When the veggies are little soft then add the scramble egg and give it a good mix. Season with salt and black pepper.
6. Now add the cooked rice little by little and mix it. Put the soya sauce and vinegar also. Mix it and check the seasoning. If required you can add more. Lastly add the spring onion and butter and give it a final toss.
7. Chicken Fried Rice is ready now, so turn off the flame and serve it hot with your favorite side dish.