Being a Bengali, fish takes a very important part in our everyday meal. Which we love to make in various ways. But today I am sharing another version of Fish Curry recipe which is fully comfortable and totally satisfying. For this curry you can take Katla or Rohu fish pieces.
- Fish – 4 to 5 pieces
- Potatoes – 2 (cut lengthwise, medium thick)
- Onion – 1 big size (slice it)
- Tomato – 1 big size (slice it)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Bay leaves – 2 nos
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili – 2 to 3
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. Take the clean fish pieces, then put 1/2 tsp salt and turmeric powder. Rub it nicely and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Next take a deep bottom kadai and pour mustered oil. When oil heats up put the marinated fish pieces and fry it both side till golden brown. Take out in another plate when done.
3. Now into the same oil add the bay leaves and cumin seeds. Let it crackle. Next add the slice onion and potato. Cook it for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Next add the turmeric, kashmiri red chili and cumin powder. Mix it and add the tomato slice. Let it cook till tomatoes turns soft and then season with salt.
5. When oil starts separating add 1 cup water and bring it to a boil. Next add the fried fish pieces with slit green chilies. Now cook and cover it for another 3 to 4 minutes or until you get the desire consistency. (I kept it semi dry)
6. Now turn off the heat and put it a standing time for another 5 minutes. Now serve it with hot rice and enjoy.