The taste of Dhaba Style food is totally extraordinary with full of flavors and spices. So that’s why today I am sharing Dhaba style Egg masala curry, which is made using fried eggs, onion, tomato and other basic ingredients.
- Boil egg – 4 peeled and slit
- Onion medium size – 2 finely chopped
- Onion paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 2 grated
- Green chili – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp chopped
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chili – 2 no
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Whole spices – (1 cinnamon stick, 4 cardamom, 4 cloves, 6 black pepper)
- Oil for cooking ( I use mustard oil)
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai, then add the boil eggs with little salt and turmeric powder. Now fry it till they are golden in color, when done transfer it another plate.
2. In the same kadai add 2 tbsp oil for the gravy. When oil heats up add the bay leaves, dry red chili, whole spices and cumin seeds. Let it crackle.
3. Next add the chopped onion and fry it in a medium flame till they are brown. Then add the ginger garlic and onion paste. Cook it nicely till the raw flavors goes off completely.
4. Add the spice powder ( turmeric, Kashmiri red chili, cumin and coriander). Mix it and then put the grated tomato. Season with salt and allow it to cook in a low to medium flame till the oil is separated.
5. Now add the half cup water and bring it to a boil. Then add the fried eggs and green chili. Cover the pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Lastly check the seasoning and finish it off with garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Keep it in a standing time for 2 minutes and then serve it hot.