Aloo Matar Sabzi is very much popular Indian recipe. So that’s why I tried Aloo Matar Paratha, which is so tasty and easy to make also. Here is the simple process how I made this.
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Boil potatoes – 2 nos (mashed)
- Green peas – 1/2 cup (I use frozen)
- Onion – 1 chopped small
- Green chilies – 2 chopped
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp chopped
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
1. To make the paratha dough, take 2 cups of wheat flour in a bowl and knead the dough adding water little by little. Now cover the dough and keep aside. (While kneading the dough you can add little salt also but I did not add)
2. Next to make the stuffing, heat a 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Put 1/4 tsp cumin seeds and let it crackle. Then add the chopped onion and green chilis. Fry it for 2 minutes.
3. Add the green peas and sauté. Then put the turmeric powder and mix, followed by boil potatoes also. Mixed it nicely.
4. Lastly finish it with salt, garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Turn off the heat and let the mixture Cool down completely.
5. Now take a medium size ball from the dough. Roll it like a small puri. Place a little amount of potato and peas stuffing into it. Seal the edges and roll this paratha gently and evenly from all sides.
6. Heat tawa and roast the paratha well from both the sides. Apply oil or ghee both the sides. Cook until the parathas are golden brown in color.
7. Now serve hot with your favorite pickles/ ketchup/ or raita.