Paneer do Pyaza is very much popular in Indian Restaurants. Its very much delicious and unique in flavors and taste. Here onion is given in two different times thats why its called Do Payaza or Dopiaza. Its taste good with flavored Rice or Paratha.
- Paneer – 300 grams
- Onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Shallots – 8 to 10
- Tomato paste – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cashew nut paste – 1 tbsp
- Yogurt – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Whole garam masala – 1 cinnamon stick, 4 cardamom, 4 cloves
- Green chili – 2 thinly slice
- Coriander leaves – a few
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Take a pan, heat up with 1 tsp ghee, add the paneer cubes and sauté it for 2 minutes, then keep aside.
2. Now take another pan, add the oil and heat up. Put the whole garam masala and cumin seeds. Let it splutter. Then add the chopped onions. Fry it till they turn light brown in color.
3. Add ginger and garlic paste. Fry it until the raw smell goes off. Next add the tomato paste and continue to cook.
4. Now add the turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili powder and coriander powder. Mix it. Next add the cashew nut paste and yogurt. Season with salt. Now cover the pan and cook the masala till oil separates. Stir in between.
5. Add the whole shallots now and 1 cup of warm water. Cook it till the gravy reduce little bit. Next add the fried paneer and mix it nicely for another 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Lastly add the garam masala powder, slice green chili and coriander leaves. Turn off the heat and give it a resting time for another 5 minutes.
7. Now Paneer do Pyaza is ready to serve and enjoy hot with your favorite dishes.