Doi fulkopi , means Cauliflower cooked in Yogurt based sauce or curry. Its very simple at the same time too classic and elegant also. Here I am sharing my version and one thing more, try to make it with fresh yogurt for it great taste.
- Cauliflower – 1 small size
- Ginger and green chili paste – 1 tbs
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Green chilies – 2 to 3
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt – 1/4 cup (nicely beaten)
- Turmeric powder – 2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking (I use mustard oil)
1. Clean and wash the cauliflower and then cut it into a small florets. Boil enough water in a large pan, add little salt and cauliflower florets into it. After 5 minutes discard all the water and set the florets aside.
2. Next into this cauliflower add 1 tsp turmeric powder and mix it nicely. Then heat a kadai with little oil and shallow fry the cauliflower until golden brown in color. When done take them out.
3. Again add some more oil, temper with cumin seeds and bay leaves. Next add the ginger and chili paste, cook it for 1 minutes in a medium flame. Add the chopped tomato, cook it till mushy and oil starts separating. Season with salt and sugar.
4. Next add the turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili powder and cumin powder. Mix it nicely. Now lower the flame and add the beaten curd. Give it a quick mix, continue to cooking.
5. Add half cup of water and bring it to boil. Next add the fried cauliflower and green chilies. Cover the lid and cook it till the cauliflowers are soft, now finish it by adding garam masala powder and kasuri methi.
6. Now turn off the heat and give it a standing time for 5 to 6 minutes. Then serve hot and enjoy.