Today I am sharing the simplest and light Khichdi recipe ever, which I like to serve with some fried papad. You can pair with which ever you like depending on your mood.
- Rice – 1 cup
- Masoor dal – 3/4 cup (red lentils)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Bay leaves – 2 nos
- Green chilis – 3 to 4 slit
- Onion – 1 (thinly slice)
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
1. Clean and wash the rice and dal together. Then soak it for half an hour.
2. Next take a pressure cooker, add the soaked rice and dal. Put the salt, turmeric, bay leaves and green chilis along with 5 cups of water. Cook it for about 2 to 3 whistles and set aside until the pressure release.
3. In the mean time take a pan, heat up some ghee and oil together. Add the slice onion and fried it till golden brown.
4. Now open the lid of the cooker, add the fried onions tadka over khichdi and mix well. Then serve hot this simplest khichdi with fried papad or whichever you like.