One day I was in a mood of having something Non-Veg curry in a healthy way. So thats why I choose boneless chicken for this recipe, because its a lean meat protein and at the same time convenient in cooking.
- Boneless chicken – 500 gm
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Chicken masala powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 2 tsp
- Green chili – 2 to 3 slit
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Bay leaves – 2 nos
- Black peppercorns – 8 to 10 nos
- Salt as per taste
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
1. First take the clean chicken pieces in a bowl. Then marinate it with turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, yogurt, 1 tsp kasuri methi and salt. Set aside for 1/2 hour.
2. Next heat a pan, then put 1 tbsp olive oil. Followed by bay leaves, cumin seeds and black peppercorns. Add the chopped onion and sauté it for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Now add the tomato pieces and mix it. Next add the Kashmiri red chili, cumin and chicken masala powder. Fry this masala in a low flame for few minutes. Season with salt.
4. Next add the marinated chicken pieces and mix well. Now cover the lid and cook it until the chicken pieces are soft.
5. Open the lid, add 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil. When you get the desire consistency add the green chili and remaining 1 tsp kasuri methi. Turn of the heat now and give it standing time for 5 more minutes.
6. Now serve it hot with few coriander leaves and enjoy it with your favorite rice or roti.