Rui Macher Doi Kalia is a famous Bengali cuisine. Today I am sharing this delicacy with all of you guys. The ingredients are very simple and basic. All you need for this fish curry is a very good quality of Rohu Fish for its delicious taste.
- Rohu fish pieces – 4 to 5 nos
- Onion Paste – 1 medium size
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Hung curd – 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Whole spices – (1 small cinnamon stick, 4 green cardamom, 4 cloves, 1 bay leaves)
- Green chilies – 3 to 4 slit
- Raisins – 5 to 6 nos
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. Clean the fish pieces very well and then marinate it with some salt and turmeric powder. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Take a deep kadai or pan, heat up with mustard oil. Now add the marinated fish pieces and fry both the sides until golden brown. When done take them out in a plate.
3. Now in the same kadai add the whole spices. Cook it till fragrance comes. Next add the onion paste and fry it for 2 minutes. Followed by ginger garlic paste and cook it till the raw flavors goes off.
4. Add all the spice powder (turmeric, red chili, cumin powder). Now take a small bowl and beat the hung curd with little water, then add into the pan. Cook this masala till the oil starts separating.
5. Next add the 1 cup warm water and season with salt. Now slowly add the fish pieces with green chilis and raisins. Cover the pan and cook it another 4 to 5 minutes or till you get the desire consistency of the gravy.
6. Now check the seasoning and put the garam masala powder. Then turn off the heat and give it a standing time for another 5 minutes.
7. Your delicious Rui macher doi kalia is ready now. Enjoy this with hot rice.