Today I am sharing one of my personal favorite Rice items, that is Butter Rice. Its an easy to make recipe with a minimum ingredients. Here I use carrots, so that rice looks vibrant and attractive.
- Basmati Rice – 2 cup
- Butter – 3 tbsp (white or salted)
- Carrot – 1/4 cup (finely diced)
- Cardamom – 4 nos
- Black peppercorns – 10 to 12 nos
- Suger – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
1. First rinse and wash the rice very well, then soak it at least for half an hour. After that drain all the water and keep it aside.
2. Now take a deep bottom kadai or pan, next add 2 tbsp butter. When the butter starts melting add the whole cardamom and black peppercorns along with chopped carrots. Fry it for 2 minutes.
3. Next add the rice and gently stir it with the butter. Fry it for 3 to 4 minutes in medium flame so that the butter should coat the rice grains well.
4. Then add warm water around 3 and 1/2 cups. Season with salt and sugar and mix well. Now cover the pan with its lid and cook it until the rice absorbed all the water. Stir once or twice in between.
5. When done turn off the heat and again gently mix the rice with remaining 1 tbsp of butter. Now give it a standing time for another 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Then serve it with your favorite Veg or Non-veg gravy items.