Time for another egg curry recipe, means today I am sharing South Indian style Egg Roast Dry, which is super tasty at the same time a little bit spicy but flavors are totally satisfying. If you are a spice lover like me then do give it a try or you can simply adjust the spice according to your taste also.
- Egg boiled – 4 nos
- Onion – 2 slice
- Tomato – 1 big size chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp paste
- Green Chili – 4 nos slit
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Dry red chili – 2 nos
- Mustards seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves and coriander leaves – a few
- Salt as per your taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Boil the eggs, then remove its shells. Slit the eggs on both the side with knife and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds, dry red chili and curry leaves. Let it crackle. Now add the slice onion and fry in medium heat till it turns slight golden brown in color.
3. Now add ginger garlic paste and slit green chili, sauté well. Add the chopped tomatoes with salt. Cover and cook till the tomatoes gets mushy.
4. Now put the turmeric, red chili, coriander, garam masala and black pepper powder. Mix well and then cover the pan for another 8 to 10 minutes in a low flame until you gets a dark red color thick consistency.
5. Now add the boil eggs with little water so that all the masala comes together nicely. Cook it for another 5 more minutes and then turn off the heat.
6. Its ready now, you can garnish with some coriander leaves and serve it with rice, roti, appam or whatever you like.