Tari Wali Prawns is an aromatic and flavourful dish, which made with authentic Indian spices. Basically this dish is inspired by Punjabi Cuisine, where they usually prepared with Chicken, but today I tried with prawns and result comes out simply perfect.
- Prawns – 500 gms
- Onion paste – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Tomato paste – 1/2 cup
- Green Chilis – 2 (slit)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil fro cooking
1. Clean and wash the prawns, then put some salt and turmeric powder into it. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. Next heat a pan with 1 tbsp of mustard oil. Then add the prawns and fry it for 2 minutes. When done take it out in a another plate.
3. In the same pan add some more oil, when the oil gets hot put the bay leaves and cumin seeds, let it crackle.
4. Next add the onion paste into it. Sauté well until they are nicely colored. Then put the ginger garlic paste, kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Stir well.
5. Add the tomato paste, mix it well and cover the lid. Cook it in a low flame till the oil starts floating from the sides.
6. Now add 1 cup of warm water and bring it a boil. Then add the fried prawns and slit chilis into it. Cook it for few minutes till you get the desire consistency.
7. Lastly add the garam masala powder, and coriander leaves. Turn off the flame. Now serve this with steaming hot Rice and enjoy.