We Bengalis loves fish eggs a lot. There are so many preparations with it. Today I am sharing a very simple and easy to make Rohu Fish egg bhurji recipe with potato and eggplant.
- Fish egg – 1 cup
- Potatoes – 1/2 cup (thin long slice)
- Eggplant – 1/2 cup (thin long slice)
- Onion – 1 (slice)
- Green chilis – 2 to 3
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/8 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Few coriander leaves
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. Wash the fish eggs nicely, then add some turmeric powder and salt. Mix it nicely, then heat a pan with 1 tbsp oil. Now add this egg and stir fry it it until they are done. When done, then set aside in a bowl.
2. Again heat some oil in the same pan. Next add potatoes and fry it for 2 minutes. Then add the eggplants and onion slice. Mix it. Put the remaining turmeric powder, and season with salt. Add the green chilis also. Fry it until all the veggies are cooked.
3. Now add the fried fish eggs and mix it. Cook it for few more minutes till everything becomes slightly crispy but don’t over cook it.
4. Lastly add the coriander leaves and red chili powder (for extra color and heat) and mix it well. Now turn off the heat and serve with steaming hot rice.