Dal or Lentils is a basic dish in every Indian household. But as a Bengali, we sometimes love to add Fish to our regular meal and make it a special. And this is one of the dish which I am going to share with you.
- Red lentils – 1 cup
- Prawns – 100 gm (use small variety)
- Onion – 1 small (slice)
- Garlic – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 2 to 3
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Dry red chili – 2
- Kalonji seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. Clean the baby prawns and put some salt and turmeric into it. Keep it aside.
2. Next wash the dal nicely then pressure cook it with little bit of salt and turmeric powder.
3. Now heat mustard oil in a kadai, when oil turns smoking hot add the prawns and fry them till they are golden brown in color. After that take them out in another plate.
4. In the remaining same oil add the kalonji seeds and dry red chili. Let it crackle, then add the slice onion and chopped garlic. Stir it till they translucent in color.
5. Add the boil dal now, if required you can add little water also but make sure don’t make it to thin. When the dal starts boiling add the fried prawns and green chilis, cover it for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Check the seasoning and turn off the flame. Add the coriander leaves and mix well. Now transfer it in a serving bowl and enjoy it with steamed rice.