Rohu Fish is the most popular fish in India. This Rohu Fish is made in so many ways but today I make this delicious fish with Poppy Seeds paste and its comes out so perfect. Thats why I am sharing this recepi with you guys.
- Rui or Rohu Fish – 4 pieces
- Onion – 1 small (slice)
- Green Chili – 2
- Poppy seeds paste – 3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kalonji seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chili – 2
- Tomato slice – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. First clean the fish pieces, then marinate with half of the turmeric powder and salt. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat the mustard oil in a kadai and fry it both the side till golden brown in color. Then take it out and keep aside.
3. In the reaminig oil put the kalonji seeds and dry red chili. When it stars splatter add the slice onion. Fry it for few minutes.
4. Now add the red chili and turmeric powder, give it a quick mix. Add the poppy seeds paste and fry it till oil starts separate from the gravy.
5. Now add 1 cup of warm water and season with salt, bring it a boil. The add the fried fish, green chili and slice tomato pieces.Cover it for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Open the lid and give it a good mix. Now add the coriander leaves and mix it again. Then turn of the flame and serve it with steaming hot rice.