This pulao recipe is a very aromatic and easy to cook. It can be perfectly paired with some delicious Veg and Non-Veg gravy. The speciality of this Pulao is its fragrance, which automatically increase your craving.
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Whole spices – (2 bay leaves, 1” cinnamon stick, 4 cardamom, 4 cloves, 1 star anise, 8 to 10 black peppercorn)
- Onion – 1 small (slice)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 2
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Cashew nut – 10 to 12 pieces
- Raisins – 2 tbsp
- Saffron – a small pinch (soak in 1tbsp warm water)
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Hard boil egg fry – 2 ( for garnish)
1. Clean the rice with water, then soak it for 30 minutes. In the meantime just prepare the rest of the items.
2. Now place a deep pan over medium heat. Add the 1 tbsp ghee. Put the whole spices into it and mix it up nicely till aroma comes.
3. Add the slice onion, cook it till soft. Then put the ginger garlic paste and green chili, mix well. Now add the cashew and raisins, fry it for about a minute.
4. Now add the curd, continue to cook. Put the soaked basmati rice and mix well so that the masala gets well coated with the rice. After that add 3 and 1/2 cup of water, season with salt and sugar. Cook it till the rice absorbs all the water.
5. Open the lid now, mix gently, then add the saffron soak water on top and remaining ghee also. Now turn off the heat and cover the pan for another 10 minutes.
6. Then open the lid and mix it lightly. Its ready to serve now. Enjoy.