Soya Chunks is a very nutritious and power pack vegetarian stuff. Its comes handy when we don’t understand what to cook. Its goes perfect as a side dish with roti or rice.
- Soya Chunks – 1 cup
- Potato – 1 small cubed
- Ginger and Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 cubed
- Tomato – 1 cubed
- Green peas – handful (I use frozen)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Green chili – 2
- Salt to taste
1. In a boiling water add the soya chunks with little salt. Cook it for 5 to 6 minutes. Then strain the soya chunks and squeeze out the excess water from it. Keep it aside.
2. Now heat the oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, after they crackle add the potato cubes. Cook it for 2 minutes. Then add the ginger garlic paste, cook it till the raw flavors goes off.
3. Next add the green peas and soya chunks. Saute it for about a minutes. Now add all the spice powder like turmeric, cumin, garam masala and red chili powder. Season with salt and give it a good mix.
4. Now add the cubed tomato and onion, sprinkle very little water then cover it for another 4 to 5 minutes till the onions and tomatoes are soft. Stir occasionally.
5. Open the lid, add the coriander leaves and green chilis, then give it a very good mix. Turn off the heat and put it a resting time for 3 to 4 minutes. Now serve hot .