This is my Mom’s recipe and one of favorite also. As you can guess from the title that I am not going to use any onion and garlic into it. Its so delicious recipe, just try it once.
- Paneer – 250 gm
- Tomato – 1 chopped (big size)
- Ginger and green chili paste – 1 tbsp
- Cashewnut paste – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chili – 2 pc
- Green Cardamom – 3 to 4
- Ghee – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Heat oil in a pan. Cut the paneer pieces and shallow fry it. Then take it out.
2. Now in the same pan put the cumin seeds, dry red chili and green cardamom. Let it crackle. Then add the chopped tomatoes. Saute it.
3. Next put the ginger and chili paste. Mix it. Then add the turmeric, cumin and Kashmiri chili powder. Put the cashnewnut paste and cook it in a medium flame till oil separates from the masala.
4. Season with some salt and sugar. Then add the milk and 1/2 cup of water. Bring it to a boil. Now add the paneer pieces and cover the lid. Cook it for another 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Check the seasoning, then add ghee and garam masala powder. Mix it well and turn off the flame.
6. Now Paneer Kaliya is ready and enjoy this delicious recipe with your favorite roti, naan, pulao or even steam rice also.