Egg omelet curry is very simple yet very delicious recipe those who love eggs. This is a totally Bengali style gravy which is enjoyed with steaming hot rice.
For the Omelet
- Egg – 4 no
- Onion – 3 tbsp
- Green chili – 3 to 4
- Salt to taste
For the Curry:
- Potato (big size) – 1 no (boil and cut into 4 pieces)
- Onion ( large ) – 1 no ( thinly slice )
- Tomatoes – 1 big size (grated or pureed)
- Ginger & garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 2 to 3 no
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tbs
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Dry red chili – 2 no
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. To prepare the omelette, beat the eggs with the above mentioned ingredients and beat it until it is absolutely frothy.
2. Drizzle oil in a pan, allow it to heat up. Once hot, add half of the egg mixture and swirl it around the pan. Cook on a low to medium flame till the sides are cooked, now carefully flip it over using a broad flat spatula and cook the other side for about 15-20 sec. Now slide the Omelet on a working board or plate, cut into thick squares or whichever shape you like. In this way prepare the remaining omelet. Keep aside.
3. To prepare the curry, heat the oil in a skillet, add the bay leaves, dry red chili and cumin seeds . Let it splutter.
4. Now add sliced onion & fry for a minute in medium flame, followed by the ginger garlic paste and salt, fry on medium flame for 3-4 minutes untill slightly browned.
5. Then add turmeric, chilli, coriander and cumin powder.Add the tomato ( grated or puree). Fry for about 3 to 4 mins till the oil starts oozing out.
6. Then add the boil potato with 1 cup of hot water and bring it boil. Now add the prepare omelette square in the gravy. Cover it for 3 to 4 minutes. Check the seasoning and put the green chili & Garam masala powder, mix it .Switch off the flame .
7. It’s ready now. Garnish with coriander leaves & Enjoy .