- Salmon fish pieces -3 to 4
- Mustard paste – 1 tbsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili – 3 to 4
- kalonji or nigella seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. Take the fish pieces in a plate then add the lemon juice, salt and turmeric powder in it.
2. Now heat the pan with 1 tbsp mustard oil, when oil heats up add the kalonji seeds and let it crackle. Then add the chopped onion. Cook it for about a minute or two till soft.
3. Now low the flame then add the mustard paste and mix it. Add the fish also and cook it for sometime. Make sure the spices should not burn.
4. Add the turmeric and red chili powder along with yogurt. Season with salt and mix it again. now add 1/2 cup of water and cover the lid. Let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes in a low flame. Stir in between.
5. Now open the lid, throw the green chilis and coriander leaves . Check the seasoning and fish also whether its cook or not. If done switch off the gas and give it a standing time for another 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Now enjoy and serve hot with steam rice.