Jhinge kumro aloor torkari means ridge gourd, pumpkin and potato curry, which is very simple Bengali style veggie recipe with minimum spices and we like to have it in regular basic as a side dish with rice or roti.
- Ridge gourd – 1 medium size (small pieces )
- Potato – 1 big size (cubed)
- Pumpkin – 1/2 cup (cubed)
- Tomato – 1/2 (deseeded)
- Green chili – 2 to 3
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Panch foron – 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Dry red chili – 1
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. Heat the mustard oil in a pan then add the panch foron , bay leaves and dry red chili. Let it crackle.
2. Now add the potato and pumpkin pieces with salt and turmeric powder. Mix it nicely and let it cook in low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Now open the cover and add the ridge gourd pieces with red chili powder, mix it well and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the green chilis now with deseeded tomato pieces and mix it again. Cook it for about minute or two till all the veggies cooked properly and don’t add any water.
5. We are done. Now transfer it in a serving bowl.