This is a very easy everyday vegetarian dish, which can be enjoyed as a side dish with rice or roti.
- Pointed gourds – 10 to 15 pc
- Onion – 1/2 cup (slices)
- Tomato – 1/4 cup (slices)
- Green chili – 2 to 3
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Scrape the skin of pointed gourds (potol or parwal) and then cut it half from the middle. Now put some salt and turmeric powder to it, and then shallow fry it and take them out.
2. Now in the same pan put cumin seeds and let it crackle. After that add the onion slices and fry it till soft.
3. Add the remaining turmeric powder and red chill powder. Mix them all nicely. Put the tomatoes slices now with the green chili. Cook it till mushy.
4. Now add the fried parwal and mix it again. Cover the pan for 2 to 3 minutes, so that all the spices coat it nicely. Now add the salt and cumin powder, stir it again.
5. Check the seasoning and add coriander leaves. Give it a good mix and switch off the flame. Its done now, serve and enjoy.