Quick and simple easy pulao which can be made when in hurry. If you had a leftover rice, still you can make into yummy pulao.
- Basmati rice – 2 cups (cooked)
- Geen peas – 1/2 cup
- Capsicum – 1/2 (cut in lengthwise)
- Onion – 2 tbsp (thinly slice)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for cooking
- Ghee – 1 tsp (optional)
1. Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of oil, then add the cumin seeds, let it crackle. Now add the onion and fry it for 2 minutes in medium heat.
2. Put the green peas (I used frozen) and mix it. Followed by capsicum. Add the salt and turmeric powder. Cook it for few second, make sure the capsicum does not loose its crunchiness.
3. Now add the cooked basmati rice and mix it nicely. When done switch off the gas and put the ghee just for extra flavors. Then serve hot with your favorite curry.
4. Lastly I did garnish with a star anises and a red chili.