Soyabean chunks is highly rich in nutrients like Proteins, Vitamins, Minerals and the best source of engery also. Today I am sharing a very simple and regular curry with soya chunks which is very tasty and as well as simple to make also.
- Soya chunks – 2 cups (I use mini chunks)
- Potato – 1 (small cubes)
- Green peas – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Green chili – 2 to 3 pcs
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Take the water in a big pot then let it boil. Now add the soya chunks into it with a little salt. Let it boil for 4 to 5 minutes. Then strain the soya chunks and squeeze out the excess water from it. Keep it aside.
2. Now heat the oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, after they crackle add the potato cubes. Cook it for 2 minutes. Then add the chopped onions and saute it till they are becomes tender.
3. Now add the ginger garlic paste and cook it for another 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes along with turmeric, red chili and cumin powder. Put the salt also and fry it.
4. Now add the soak soya chunks and green peas. Mix well with the masala nicely. Now add a cup of water and cover it. Stir occasionally.
5. When the water is almost dry add the green chili, garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Give it a good mix and turn off the heat. Now its ready to serve as a side with roti paratha or rice.