If you get bored of having egg curry same way, then you should definitely try this version of Fried Egg Curry or Sunny Side Up Curry . Its not at all a usual Shakshuka. Make it this way, I am sure you are going to love it. So here it is the procedure.
- Egg – 3 to 4
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaves – 2 pc
- Dry red chili – 2 pc
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Heat a non stick pan with a 1 tbsp oil, once the oil is hot break the egg directly into the pan. Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes till the sides are crispy. Sprinkle the salt on top of the eggs. Now take out gently into the plate (don’t break the yolk). In the same way make the other eggs also.
2. Now in the same pan add the oil for the gravy. When the oil is hot add the cumin seeds, bay leaves and dry red chili. Then put the chopped onions and cook till onion turns soft.
3. Next add the ginger garlic paste and mix it. Put the turmeric, red chili and cumin powder and saute until the spice powders are well combine. Add in the tomatoes and give it a good mix.
4. Cover the pan with a lid and let the masala cook it for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add 1 cup of water and bring it into a boil. Season with salt as well.
5. Now gently add the fried eggs into this gravy and cover the pan for another 5 minutes. Lastly add the garam masala powder and turn off the heat. Give it a standing time for another 4 to 5 minutes and then serve hot.
6. I love to enjoy this gravy with a steam rice. If you like, then just pair it up with roti, paratha as well.