- Rohu fish – 4 to 5 pcs
- Potatoes – 1 (cut in wedges)
- Cauliflower – 6 to 8 (florets)
- Green chili – 3 to 4 pcs
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Tomato – 1 medium ( cut in 4 pcs)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. Apply some turmeric and salt to the fish pieces then fry it in a medium heat till both sides are golden brown in color. Then take it out in another plate.
2. Now in the same oil (add more oil if required) temper with cumin seeds, then add the potatoes and cauliflower florets. Add the salt also and fry them lightly.
3. Now add all the spice powder and saute it with little water. When the vegetables are well coated with the spices and oil starts separating from the spices at this stage add 2 cups of water.k
4. Cover the pan and bring it to a boil. Now add the fish pieces, green chili and tomatoes also. Cook it for another 4 to 5 minutes. Check the seasoning and put the coriander leaves.
5. Turn of heat and give a standing time for another 4 to 5 minutes. Then serve with some hot rice and enjoy.