This simple style drumsticks curry or sojne datar chorchori is a must in our house during summer days. It is saute in mustard paste to bring out that traditional pungent flavor of sojne datar chorchori. It goes well as a side dish with steaming hot rice.
- Drumsticks or sojne data – 8 to 10 pieces (lightly scraped and cut into 3″ long size)
- Potato – 2 pieces (cut into wedges)
- Green chili – 3 to 4 slit
- Kalonji seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds paste – 2 tbsp (black and white)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. Heat oil in a kadai, then add kalonji seeds and saute for a minute. Then add the potato and drumstick pieces. Lightly fry for couple of minutes.
2. Add the salt and turmeric powder. Mix it and cover. Now open the lid and put the mustard seeds paste and red chili powder. Stir it again for about a minute.
3. Now add the 1/2 cup of water, cover and cook on a low heat for couple of minutes till the veggies are soft.
4. Check the seasoning and throw the green chilis. Mix it again and switch off the flame. Now give it a standing time for 5 minutes then serve with mushuri dal and rice.