- Jumbo prawns – 1kg
- Onion paste – 2 no
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chili power – 1tsp
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili – 2 to 3
- Bay leaves – 1 piece
- Whole Spices (Cinnamon stick – 1” cardamom – 4, cloves – 4)
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. Marinate the prawns with salt and turmeric powder, then keep it aside for 30 minutes.
2. Take a kadai and put mustard oil, when oil is hot fry the prawns for few minutes and take it out in a plate.
3. In the same kadai put the bay leaves and whole spices, when aroma cames out from the spices put onion paste and fry it in medium flame for about a minute. Now put red chili powder and remaining turmeric powder and saute for few seconds .
4. Now add coconut milk and season with salt. Bring it to boil, then add the fried prawns and green chili. Cover the lid, cook it for 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Open the lid now and check the seasoning and put the garam masala powder. Mix it properly, then switch off the flame and give it a standing time for 5 minutes.
6. Now serve and enjoy this delicious curry with steaming hot rice.