Rice Kheer is a very popular sweet dessert which we love to eat in every occasion, but by adding some shredded carrot it gives a very nice color, texture and flavor into it.
- Gobindo Bhog rice or Basmati rice – 1/2 cup
- Shredded carrot – 2 tbsp
- Full fat milk – 1 litter
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Cardamom pods – 4 no
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Condensed milk – 100 gm
- Almond slice – A few for garnishing
- Salt – A small pinch
1. Wash the rice properly then soak in water for about 30-40 minutes
2. Now boil the milk in a large pan, when the milk starts boiling add the bay leaves and crushed cardamom pods.
3. Then add the soak rice and shredded carrot, mix it well. Now cook it on a low to medium flame till both the rice and carrot cooks nicely and milk is also reduce to almost half. (Stir in between)
4. When the rice is almost cooked then add the sugar, condense milk and a pinch of salt. Mix it well for another 5 to 6 minutes till you get the desire consistency .
5. Switch off the flame now and serve it hot or chilled with some almond slice.
- Do not add too much carrot, otherwise it will dominated the rice kheer. (we add the carrot just because of color and texture)
- You can also put nuts according to your choice and taste.