Green leafy veggies are major source of calcium and iron, which improve our immune system. We should regularly have these leafy vegetables in our meal. Today I am making this spinach leaves using poppy seeds paste.
- Potato – 1 (slice)
- Spinach – 1 bunch
- Poppy seeds – 2 tbsp
- Green chili – 3 to 4
- Kalonji seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil – 1 tbsp
1. Soak the poppy seed for half an hour , then make a paste with 2 no green chili. keep aside.
2. Boil water in a pan, then add the washed spinach into this boiling water. Cook it for 30 sec and stain immediately. Now rinse with cold water and chopped it up roughly.
3. In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil, when heats up through kalonjig seeds, let it crackle. Now add the potato slice, fry in a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add turmeric powder and salt. Stir it.
4. Now add the poppy seeds paste and mix with the potato. Cook it again and put the spinach leaves now with slit green chili. Continue to cook. (Don’t close the lid, otherwise you will loose the green color)
5. When all the water dries up completely add the pinch of sugar to it and mix. Now check the seasoning and turn off the gas. Now serve and enjoy with plain white rice.