- Bread – 3 to 4 pieces
- Whole milk – 1/2 liter
- Sugar – 1 cup (or as per your taste)
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Mixed nuts – 2 tbsp (I took almond, cashew, raisins, pistachios)
- Saffron – A pinch
- Salt – A pinch
- Condensed milk – 1/4 cup
- Khoya – 2 tbsp
- Rose essence – 2 drops (optional)
Stage : I
1. Boil the milk and reduce it 30%. (in the mean time, take a separate bowl and take this warm milk about 2 tbsp, then soak the saffron into it)
2. Now after reducing the milk add the Condensed milk, khoya and 1/2 cup sugar. Stir it till it thick but poring consistency. Now add a pinch of salt and rose essence into it. Turn off the heat now.
Stage : II
1. Now we need to make the sugar syrup. Ratio is 1 cup water + 1/2 cup sugar. Bring it a boil in another pot and keep aside.
2. Next step, take the bread pieces and remove the sides and cut it diagonally. Now apply ghee both the sides of the bread and toast it out on a pan. After that in the same pan fry the mixed nuts also. (you can deep fry the bread slices by using more ghee).
3. Now soak the fried bread pieces into this hot sugar syrup and take out after 10 sec.
Stage : III
1. Take a serving platter. Then arrange the bread pieces. Pour the reduce milk mixture on top the bread. Garnish with mixed nuts and saffron milk. Now chilled this platter and server. (you can enjoy warm also, its your wish. But make sure give some time for the bread to absorb the rabri)