- Hilsa fish head – 1 pc
- Cabbage – Medium size (thinly shredded)
- Green chili – 3 to 4 pc
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. Firstly clean the fish head properly, then add salt and turmeric powder into it. Now heat a kadai with the mustard oil, then fry it and keep aside.
2. Now into the same oil temper with cumin seeds, when they starts splutter add the shredded cabbage. Mix it nicely and cover it for 4 to 5 minutes till they are soft.
3. Now open the lid and add the required salt with other spice powder except garam masala powder. Mix it again. Then add the fried fish head along with the green chili.
4. Continue to cook till all everything thing comes together nicely. It will take another 4 to 5 minutes. Lastly add the garam masala powder and switch off the flame.
5. Now serve hot with plain white rice.