- Rohu fish – 4 no
- Onion – 1 pc (chopped)
- Giner garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1 tbsp
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Dry red chili – 2 no
- Green chili – 3 to 4 pc
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. Take the 4 no clean fish pieces . Then add some salt and turmeric powder, keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Heat a kadai. Put mustard oil and fry the fish pieces till golden brown in medium flame. Take them out in other plate.
3. In the same kadai add bay leaves & dry red chili. Now add the chopped onion. Fry till translucent. Add ginger & garlic paste. Stir for about a minute.
4. Now add turmeric and red chili powder with some salt. Mix them all, then add 1 cup tomato puree. Continue to cook in a medium flame. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes and stir occasionally.
5. Now add 1/2 cup of warm water. Bring it to boil. Add the fish pieces now. Put the green chili also. Cover the lid and cook for another 5 minutes .
6. Open the lid and check the seasoning. Now serve hot with hot rice .