Black chickpeas is a full of nutritious and protein rich item and a very good source of iron. This can be made in various ways, but today I am making dry version, which can be enjoyed as a snack or as a breakfast meal. But at the same time you can have this with roti or puri as well.
- Black Chickpeas – 2 cups (soaked overnight)
- Potato – 1 pc (dice)
- Onion – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 1 small
- Green chili – 1 no
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Soak 1 cup chana overnight in enough water. After soaking it should be double in size, almost 2 cup. Next day, drain the water and rinse it well with fresh water.
2. Now put the chana in a pressure cooker, add salt and a cup of water. Cook for 4 to 5 whistle or till its soft.
3. Now in a pan pour a tbsp of water and heat up. Then add cumin seeds and chopped onion. Mix it and add the dice potatoes. Cook it till the potatoes are soft .
4. Now add ginger garlic paste with other spices. Give it a good mix . Add the chopped tomatoes and stir it nicely for about 2 minutes in a medium flame.
5. Add the boil chana now. Mix them all together and cover it for another 2 to 3 minutes. Now open the lid and check the seasoning . Put the green chili and coriander leaves.
6. Now switch off the gas and its ready to serve .