Egg kosha or dimer dalna is a recipe from Bengal. Its a little spicy and semi dry preparation which is cooked along with onion and tomato .
- Eggs – 4 nos
- Potato – 1 large (cut in 4 pieces)
- Onion – 1 no ( thinly slice )
- Tomatoes – 1 medium ( chopped)
- Ginger & garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Dry red chili – 1 no
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili – 2 no
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Oil for cooking
1. Boil the eggs. Peel it. Make few deep slit on the eggs . Now coat the eggs with little salt and turmeric powder.
2. In a wok heat the oil .Fry the eggs till light golden brown in colour. Remove and keep aside. Same way fry the potatoes also and set aside.
3. In the remaining oil add the cumin seeds, bay leaves and dried red chilli Sauté till fragrant.
4. Put the slice onion and sugar fry till golden brown in colour in a medium flame . Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for another minute or two.
5. Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry for a minute. Put the salt.
6. Add the spices like cumin, coriander turmeric & red chili powder and fry it, till all the oil separates from the spice mixture. Make sure to fry on a low to medium heat or else it may burn.
7. Add a little warm water and let it come to all together. (do not add to much water)
8. Now add the fried eggs and potatoes and cover. Cook for another minutes or 2. Now put Garam masala and green chili. Mix & switch off the flame. Just give a standing time for 5 minutes and Serve with steamed rice , roti or luchi.