Bhindi or okra also known as ladies finger , which has many health benefits. Its a quick Indian style dry sabji, which goes well with roti or as a side dish.
- Bhindi – 1 cup (chopped)
- Aloo – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Onion – 3 tbsp (slice)
- Tomato – 2 tbsp (slice, removing the seeds)
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Green Chili – 2 no
- Kalonji seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Wash and pat dry the bhindi/okra first. Then chopped it. Also chopped potato and slice the onion . Keep aside all the items .
2. Now put 1 tbsp oil in a pan . Add pinch of kalonji seeds. Allow it to splutter. Now add potato pieces and fry in medium flame for 3-4 minutes or potato is half done .
3. Now add the onion and bhindi/okra .Put 1/2 tsp turmeric powder & green chili also. Mix well and cook in a medium heat, till done. Stir occasionally and dont cover.
4. When the veggies get done add salt and cumin powder. Mix them. Now add the thinly slice tomato and coriander leaves, turn off the heat.
5. No more cooking beyond this point , as I want tomatoes should be soft but not mushy .