- Any small fish – 14 to 15 pieces
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Gram flour – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a few
- Chat masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
1. Clean and wash the fishes nicely, then dry it up using kitchen paper towel. Then keep the fish on the plate. Now add lemon juice and mix it all over.
2. After that add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, gram flour (besan), rice flour and salt. Mix well, so that fishes coated properly. Keep aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Now heat 3 to 4 tbsp oil in a pan. Then slowly drop the fishes into the oil. Fry the fishes in a small batches (3 to 4 fish pieces at a time). Cook both side till it turns golden brown in color in medium heat.
4. Once you done, put the fishes on kitchen paper towel. Then in the remaining oil fry some curry leaves also. Add the fried curry leaves on top of the fish fry before serving and sprinkle some chat masala.
5. Serve hot and enjoy with onion slice.