- Prawns medium size – 15 to 20 pcs
- Onion paste (big size) – 1 no
- Ginger & garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 3 to 4 no
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Greated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Green cardamom – 4 no
- Cloves – 4 no
- Ghee or clarified butter – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. Clean, devein and wash the prawns first. Then put salt and turmeric powder, mix nicely with your hand.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, when oil heats up fry the the prawns both side till the bright orange in color.
Don’t deep fry them. Set the fried prawns aside.
3. Next in a separate pan add more oil, temper with bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cardamom & cloves started to splutter. Add the sugar now.
4. Now put the onion paste, saute till its turn little brown. Ten add ginger & garlic paste and cook for another 2 minutes in a low medium flame .
5. Add turmeric & red chili powder, mix it for about a minutes, when oil starts separate add the greater coconut with salt. Mix them.
6. Now add the coconut milk with little water also. when the gravy starts boiling add the fried prawns with green chili. Wait until you have get your desire consistency.
7. Now check the seasoning and put the garam masala powder & ghee. Switch off the flame and cover it. Give it another 10 minutes for standing time.
8. You can enjoy this delicious curry with steaming hot rice or light pulao.