Matar Paneer Pulao is a simple and easy to make recipe . which you can be served in dinner and easily packed in lunch box also. It is very mildly spiced and totally satisfying meal for those busy days. The best part is, its a one pot meal.
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Paneer – 150 gm
- Green peas – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 small size (chopped)
- Green chili – 2 no
- Ginger & garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cashew nut – 10 to 12
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Cinnamon stick – 1 pc
- Star anises – 1 pc
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- White oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak the rice for half and hour, then keep aside.
2. Heat oil and ghee in a pan, then fry the paneer cubes and cashew nut pieces. Now take them out and keep aside.
3. Now in the remaining oil add the bay leaves, cinnamon stick and star anise. Fry it for few second till the aroma release .
4. Now add the onion and cook till the translucent. Then add ginger and garlic paste. Stir well. Add the chopped tomatoes with salt and turmeric powder. Saute well for 4 to 5 minutes in a medium flame.
5. Put the green peas and mix everything . Then add the rice and mix again. Now add 4 cups of boiling water and cook it till the rice absorbs all the water.
6. Now add the fried paneer , cashew nut and green chili. Mix it with the rice gently and simmer it for another 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Now switch off the flame and give it a standing time for another 10 minutes. Now its ready to serve.