This is an everyday veg preparation, which can be enjoyed as a side with rice or roti. The addition of spinach adds more nutrition and colour to the dish, which make this dish healthy as well.
- Cauliflower – 2 cups (small florets)
- Spinach leaves – 2 cups (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 1 tbsp ( finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 small size (slice)
- Green chili – 2 pc
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaves – 1 no
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Heat a pan using a table spoon of oil, then add the bay leaves and cumin seeds, allow them to splutter. Then add the chopped garlic and mix.
2. Now add the cauliflower florets with little amount of salt and turmeric powder. Mix it again and cover it till soft. Stir occasionally.
3. Add the tomatoes with remaining spice powder. Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes. Now put the slit green chili and spinach leaves. Mix everything nicely and do not cover the pan (otherwise spinach leaves change its colour )
4. Cook it till the water evaporates. Now check the seasoning and add the coriander leaves. Turn off the heat now and serve.