Upma is very popular South Indian delicacy. Which goes well in breakfast, lunch box and evening snacks also. Its a tasty and healthy recipe as well as so colorful.
- Sooji (Semolina/Rava) – 1 cup
- Carrot – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- French beans – 1/4 cup (Chopped)
- Green Peas – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 2 tbsp
- Green chili – 1 pc chopped
- Raw peanut – 2 tbsp
- Cashew nut – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a few no
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Heat a pan with 1 tbsp oil and fry the peanut and cashew nut for about a 2 to 3 minutes in a medium heat. Then keep aside.
2. Now in the same oil add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Let it crackle, then add the chopped onion and cook it for about a minute.
3. After that add the chopped veggies (carrot, beans, green peas and green chili). Cook it till it becomes soft. Then add salt and turmeric powder. Mix them all nicely.
4. Now add the rava and mix it up with all the veggies. Stir it for 2 to 3 minutes in a medium flame. Then add the fried nuts and required amount of water about two and half cups. Mix it constantly to avoid the lumps. Continue to cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat now and put the lemon juice. Now serve and enjoy.