This is a simple sabzi yet tasty, which can be go well with roti or rice. No onion and garlic is used in it, so you can get the real taste of veggies and gives you a feeling of comfort also.
- Cauliflower florets – 10 to 15 approx
- Paneer – 150 gm (cubed)
- Potato – 1 medium size (dice)
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Tomato – 1 big size (roughly chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Milk – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Green chili – 2 to 3 pc
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaves – 1 pc
- Dry red chili – 2 pc
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. In a pan heat oil, then fry the paneer with salt & turmeric powder. When you see that golden crust in paneer, then remove it and keep aside. ( I like little fried paneer, rather than using raw one)
2. Now in the same pan add the bay leaves, dry red chili and cumin seeds, let it crackle. Then add the potato & cauliflower, give it a good mix in medium flame.
3. Now sprinkle some salt and turmeric powder. mix it again. Reduce the heat to low flame and cover it. Cook till the veggies are soft. Stir occasionally.
4. After that add the ginger paste , cook it for about a minute in a medium flame. Now add the tomatoes and other spice powder. Continue to cook till the tomatoes get soft and mussy. Add the green peas now. Mix it again.
5. Add the 1/2 cup of water, so that all the spices come together nicely. Add the fried paneer now with a milk. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Put the green chili also.
6. Now open the lid and finish it with garam masala powder. Check the seasoning and serve hot.