Egg Makhmali is a soft and silky base gravy , which I made it in my way. This gravy is so smooth and silky, so I named it Egg Makhmali.
- Egg – 3 to 4 pc
- Tomato – 3 pc
- Ginger & garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Kashmiri red mirch powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Kasoori methi – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Fresh Cream – 1 tbsp
- Whole garam masala – 1″ cinnamon stick , 2 no cardamom , 2 cloves
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Take a deep pan, put 1 cup water . Let it boil , then add the tomatoes with a pinch of salt. After 4 to 5 minutes turn of the heat and let it cool down. Then remove the skin and make a paste of it. ( do’not discard that water, will use it later in the gravy)
2. Boil the egg , remove the peel , after that make few slit on the egg. Put some salt and turmeric powder into this egg and fry it, then keep aside.
3. Now take a another pan, put 1 tbsp oil. When oil heats up add the bay leaves and whole garam masala, fry it for few second till you get the aroma.
4. Now add the chopped onion , cook till it soft. Then add ginger & garlic paste. Cook it over medium heat till the raw flavor goes off.
5. Now add the Kashmiri red chili powder and mix it. Then add the tomato paste. Cook till the oil separate from the masala. Season with some salt and sugar.
6. Add the water now about 1 cup (which we used for boiling tomato) and bring it to boil. Add the fried eggs now. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Then put the cream & mix it nicely.
7. Now finish the garvy with kasoori methi and garam masala powder. Then take this curry in a serving platter put a dollop of butter and some crushed kasoori methi.
8. It can be enjoyed with Naan, Paratha or Pulao.