Its a very simple and easy traditional fish curry. Using mustard paste in fish preparation is the signature dish in Bengal Cusine . It can be prepared with other fish also .
- Puti Mach – 300 gm
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds paste – 2 tbsp
- Kalonji seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili – 2 to 3 pc slit
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Clean the fish properly and then wash it . Now marinate with turmeric powder and salt.
2. Heat mustard oil in a Kadai. Shallow fry the fish pieces and keep it aside.
3. In a same pan put 1/2 tsp kalonji seeds. Let it crackle . Now add 1 tsp of turmeric power and 1/2 tsp of red mirch power with salt. Stir it immediately and put the mustard seeds paste.Fry it for about a minute.
4. Now add 1 cup of warm water and bring it to a boil. Add the fish now and cover it. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes over medium high heat .
5. Open the lid, check the seasoning and garnish with Coriander leaves and green chili. Switch off the gas. And serve hot with white rice.