Today I’m making very simple yet delicious prawn recipe with two types of vegetable. This is cooked with very minimum spices, which gives you a heart warming and comfortable flavor.
- Prawn / Shrimp – 200 gm
- Cauliflower – small size
- Potato – 1 big size
- Tomato – 1 medium ( chopped)
- Ginger & green chili Paste – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili – 2 to 3 no
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Dry red chili – 2 no
- Cumin Seed – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
1. Clean & devein and wash the prawns. Marinate with little salt and turmeric & set aside. Cut the cauliflower into medium sized florets. Peel and cut the potato into cubes and wash.
2. Heat oil in a wok and lightly fry the prawns & take out. Now fry the cauliflower florets and potatos also & set aside.
3. Now in the same oil add cumin seeds , dry red chili and bayleaf. As you get the aroma, add the ginger & chili paste and saute for minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes. Saute till it melts.
4. Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, little salt and stir for a minute.
5. Add the fried potatoes and cauliflower , mix well. Add 1 & 1/2 cup of warm water and cover cook at medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
6. Now open the lid & add the lightly fried prawns. Let cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Now check the seasoning and put Garam masala powder& green chili . Switch off the flame and give it standing time for another 5 minutes. Now serve this simple curry with piping hot steamed rice.