This is a very tripical style of eating saag in every Bengali household. We use to say (Bori diye Shorshe Saag Bhaja)/ Stir fry Mustard Green with dried lentil dumplings. Its very healthy & super easy recipe using very less ingredients.
- Mustard green – 1 bunch ( finely chopped)
- Dried Lentil dumplings (bori) – 5 to 6 no
- Green chili – 2 no ( optional)
- Dry red chili – 2 no
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Clean and wash the mustard green first, then chop it.
2. Heat oil in a pan , then fry the bori ( dried lentil dumplings) and keep aside.
3. Now add 1 tsp oil put the dry red chili. And fry it. Now add the mustard green leaves, put salt & turmeric powder, mix it and cover till the leaves are tender and water dries up completely. Stir occasionally.
4. Open the lid put the bori (crushed the few bori lightly using hand )and green chili. Mix them again and cover it for about 1 or 2 minutes.Switch off the flame now and serve with rice.