Aloo capsicum is a very tasty & easy to make recipe. But adding soya chunks gives more nutrition value to this sabji.
- Potato – 2 no (boil & diced)
- Capsicum – 1 no (diced)
- Tomato – 1 big size (chopped)
- Soybean – 1/2 cup (boil)
- Onion – 1/2 cup (diced)
- Ginger & garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chili – 2 no
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Heat oil 1 tbsp oil in a pan, then add cumin seeds and let it crackle. Then add the ginger & garlic paste & mix it.
2. Now add the chopped tomatoes , sprinkle little salt , cover and cook it for about a minute. Add the spices and mix well.
3. Add the boil & dice potato, capsicum, soya bean and onion pieces. Mix all of them with the masala nicely. Add the green chili also and season with salt.
4. Now cover the pan and simmer the flame. Cook it for 3 to 4 minutes till the veggies are soft and coated with masala nicely.
5. Now add little water to adjust the gravy, but donot add too much water, because we need semi dry gravy. Put the garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Give it a final stir and switch off the flame.
6. This simple veggie can be served with roti or rice as a side dish.