Rosogollar payesh or kheer is a kind of quick and easy dessert , which is made by using your leftover rasgulla or fresh one. Sometimes we have some extra rasgullas because of festive season or guest coming and do not feel to have it in the same way. So this is the best way to recreate the same rasgulla in a new form in my style.
- Rasgulla (store bought) – 10 no
- Whole milk – 3 cups
- Condensed milk – 1/2 cup
- Salt – a small pinch
- Bay leaves – 1 no
- Cardamom pods – 4 no
- Saffron strands – a few ( soak in milk)
- Pistachios – 1/4 cup (chopped)
1. Take the rasgulla and press it lightly, so that syrup will came out from it but not totally.
2. Now boil the milk in a pan and reduce it little bit ( make it 2 cups from 3 cups). Then add the cardamom pods & bay leaves.
3. Put the condense milk and stir it continuously till the milk turns thick.
4. Add the rasgulla into this reduce milk and cook it in low flame for 2 to 3 minutes with a small pinch of salt. Now put off the stove . Pour the saffron infuse milk in it and also chopped pistachios.
5. Take out the cardamom pods and bay leaves from the payesh and keep it in the fridge.
Now enjoy chill and serve.